Monday, March 2, 2009

Thursday morning could change your life.

Thursday, you can impact your future in SC.

Meet at the Gressette Building, Room 407, at 9am (or Starbucks on Gervais at 8:15 if you want to go with a group). This is our FINAL OPPORTUNITY to address the Senate Film Incentives Study Committee. This committee will help decide if the film incentives will be used to lure film BACK to South Carolina, and keep Army Wives working in Charleston.

There are people lobbying against using the incentive money in a proven way to lure film, and that is why you have not seen many films come through lately.

I have attended one of these meetings in the past and learned more than any class ever taught me about the political process and how my voice impact what happens in my state.

Please attend with me. I will not judge your position on how the incentive money should be used (or not used), but I would like to see you participate in the conversation. Feel free to call me with any questions prior to Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment