Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Isaac Calvage


This is one of my favorite pictures that I have taken, and oddly enough it was for another lighting class assignment.   I am really a big fan of low-key lighting and I thought this was my opportunity to use it effectively.  I like the way the light outside the window casts the venetian blind shadow on the main subject in the picture.  The way that he is holding the bat, creates a sense of danger, because it leads the viewer to believe that someone is in the house with him.  I believe an Arri 650 was used outside the window to cast those pretty shadows.  I also love the way the villain in the frame is portrayed.  While you cant see the face of the person, you can see clearly that someone else is standing menacingly in the background.  A smaller Arri (most likely a 350) was used to cast that shadow.  The point of the picture is to give the viewer an uncomfortable feeling, because we know something the character does not, and the use of shadows to paint the scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment